Each year the Genealogy Center displays a photo exhibit in the lobby during the summer months. The exhibits feature photographs shared by Museum of Danish America members as well as ones from the Genealogy Center collection.
Themes from past years include the following. Many images from these exhibits may be seen in the Viewed Through the Lens: Visual Resources section of our webpage:
- 2004: A Smorgasbord of Danish Immigrants
- 2005: Orange Blossoms and Lace: 160 years of Danish immigrant wedding pictures
- 2006: There's No Place Like Home: the Homes Immigrants Left Behind and the Homes They Made in a New Land
- 2007: In Service to Country, New & Old: Danish Immigrants Defending Denmark and the United States
- 2009: Immigrant Babes!
- 2010: G is for Generations: Multi-generation Immigrant Family Photographs
- 2011: Heady Stuff! -- Hatte og Huer (Hats and Caps)
- 2012: Long-term Lovers
- 2013: Confirmation: Coming of Age in Denmark and the U.S.
- 2014: Veterans of 1864 -- If you have an immigrant ancestor who was a veteran and would like to add information about him to our collection, download the Veterans Info form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Veterans of 1864, Museum of Danish America Genealogy Center, PO Box 249, Elk Horn IA 51531.
The 2015 photo exhibit, Golden Danes, features immigrants who lived to be 100 years old or more. We are collecting life stories, photos, obituaries and related materials on these Danish-American centenarians and also on any of their descendants who also reached the 100-year milestone or more. To include your centenarian immigrant or descendant relative in our files, download or print out our Information Sheet and Permission to Display form and return to us.